Lindheimer Home (1852) – D6
491 Comal Avenue – The home of Ferdinand Lindheimer, internationally known botanist and first editor of the New Braunfels newspaper, is now open to the public by appointment. Construction is typcial of the ancient fachwerk the German settlers adapted to Texas cedar and limestone. This property was given to Lindheimer by Prince Carl for guiding settlers to New Braunfels.
Lindheimer Mural from In New Braunfels on Vimeo.