Hohmann House (Circa 1853) – D21
273 East Mill Street – Originally built in 1853 by Heinrich Hohmann of plastered stone and brick. The city’s first Western Union telegraph office was housed here by 1865. Subsequent owner Wilhelm Fischer, a tailor and herb specialist, probably added the wood siding, porch and gingerbread woodwork in the 1880’s. Now an office building.